Thursday, August 16, 2018

Increasing Your Off Season Rentals

If you are in the Lake of the Ozarks vacation rental business, you are always looking for ways to increase your rentals during the slower times of the year. The first thing you have to come to grips with is that most visitors come here to enjoy the Lake! During the colder months when they can't do that, fewer of them come to visit our area.

Photo Credit:
Vacation Rental Management at the Lake of the Ozarks

Our property management company at the Lake of the Ozarks does about 85% of all rentals between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend. That leaves us with just under nine months to capture the other 15% of our business. That is a horrible business model, but it's the one we are stuck with here at the Lake of the Ozarks. The trick is how to maximize those other nine months to get the most out of your rental property at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Maximizing Your Rentals in the Off Season 

What are some things that you can do to maximize your rentals between Labor Day and Memorial Day? The best way is to see what visitors are doing here during that time of year. we have a number of festivals and events that do attract visitors. Know the schedule and then promote those events to your potential guests. We have plenty of events like the Air Show, Liverpool Legends, the Dogwood Festival, Magic Dragon Street Meet, Harbor Hop, Bikefest, the Apple Festival, Enchanted Village of Lights and large number of fishing tournaments.

Purchasing the Right Property 

Another angle to take when purchasing a vacation home at the Lake of the Ozarks is to look for a property that visitors can enjoy during the cooler seasons. There are a few condo complexes that offer indoor pools, and those places have the highest average nights of any complex we manage at except for one. Last year, the Knolls Resort complex averaged 31% more rental nights than our other condos. They have an indoor pool that is open year round, and that is one of the reasons they see more rentals each year.

Attracting Golfers in the Spring and Fall 

Attracting golfers is another great way to fill some spring and fall vacancies. We do a significant amount of golf business each year with the majority coming from outside of the summer months. Knowing what golfers are looking for is the key to attracting these guests. They all want separate beds, they usually travel in packs of fours, eights and twelves, and they love to grill out! If it rains, they need a big screen TV and some cards or games keep them occupied. Plan accordingly, and you can fill some of those slower spring and fall dates with rentals.

Photo Credit:
More Ideas for Attracting Guests in the Off Season 

Another option is to talk with a local winery or cave. Both of these are great off seasons attractions for guests to enjoy. You could create a package with your vacation home or condo at the Lake of the Ozarks that includes a winery or cave tour. Those types of places are also looking for business during those times, so it's a win-win situation!

Your Lake Vacation is your premier vacation rental company at the Lake of the Ozarks! If you would like more information about renting your Lake of the Ozarks home or condo as a vacation rental, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 573-365-3367.

Nightly Vacation Rentals at the Lake of the Ozarks: 

We make it simple. Paperless. Keyless. Stress-less. 

4571 Osage Beach Pkwy, Suite A
Osage Beach, MO 65065
Local - 573-365-3367
Fax - 573-365-5076  

Also Check Out Our Other Sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment